Small child, suffering from cold, fever. Taken calpol, relent syrup. Precautions?

my daughter age is 15 months she is having cold and fever with temparature varying from 99.9 - 98.5. we given calp0l 1 ml in the morning and afternoon for cold we give relent syrup 5 ml as my doctor suggested. will u suggest any extra care to be taken to control the fever.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012
As the temperature is not so high there is no need for cold sponging. Give the child plenty of liquids and see that the child passes urine frequently. The child may be drowsy due to the cough syrup, so do not allow the child to play outdoors or climb heights. Give the child adequate rest and easily digestible food. If the fever does not subside within 2 or 3 days, or rises above 101 degrees, additional treatment and investigations may be needed. Consult the child's pediatrician for further advice. Take care.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Nothing extra is to be done.
This is a viral infection and will take 3 to 4 days to become all right.
Continue the medicines being given to her.
Colpol will help u well but still u can do sponging with a room temparature water