Small child, suffering from cold, cough. Using ascoril. History of chest infections. Treatment?

hai,my daughter is 1yr 10 mnths old she had cold and then it went to cough its been 6days and no Sign of the cough coming down,but no temperature i use ascoril and also occationaly she rubs her ears,wats really worrying me is she had seviour chest infection 8 months back so whenour she gets cold and cough it really worries me alot and i am sure she do not have dry cough so please help should i take her to doctor or wait for few more days and continue the same medicne,
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012