Small child, suffered head injury, swelling persists after one year, bleeding. Treatment for swelling?

My 5 year old had a fall a year back, the swelling is still there but there is no pain. She hurt herself again after 6 months in the same place and this time there was some bleeding . But there was no internal injury. Today she had a fall again in the mall from a small height. There is swelling and pain in the head in another place .When will the swelling go. I am very worried.
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
hello, firstly i cant figure out any reason for the post traumatic swelling persisting even after one long year, there must be some other reason for this swelling. so i would like you to consult your pediatrician who will be in a better position to assess the nature of swelling that your child is having post trauma. as far as the present swelling is concerned, if nothing is unusual, it should subside within few weeks. and if not serious the child may not need anything any medication other than simple pain killers. thanks.