Small child, stomach infection, loose stools, appetite loss. Causes for symptoms?

Hi, My baby has been diagnosed with a stomach infection. Since the past 5-6 days he been having loose motions (abt times a day), smelly gas and some amount of vomitting. he has also lost her appetite . What could be the cause of this infection? he has a habit of sucking/licking anything he can get to his mouth? Could this be one of the causes? How can I make his get rid of the habit? I am so concerned and worried. Please help!!
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012