Small child, sore red anus, pain on passing stools. Using metanium cream. Cure?

My 10 month old daughter has very red sore anus . She cried when passing a stool. She started looking sore in this area a month ago used metanium cream and changed make of disposable nappy and it improved. But metanium no longer working also used caneston cream as prescribed by doc. She hasn t had a problem passing stools until yesterday and today.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

I suggest you to not use any nappy and keep the area exposed and dry.

Do not use excessive soap for cleaning the area.

Do not rub the area with cloth etc for cleaning instead keep the baby under running tap water to clean the area.

Application of oil or zinc containing creams may help

If there is no improvement with these simple measures some times your doctor may prescribe antibiotic or antifungal creams.

Hope this helps.