I can understand your worries.
In this period most of child frequently suffer from cold, cough
etc,(Upper Respiratory Tract
Most of times this is viral/ allergic and its self limiting.
Because of low immunity and low diseases resistant power child suffering from this.
Indication of Nebulisation:
1. Child is Breathlessness
2. In Asthama/ Bronchiolitis
3. Having wheezing
While the nebulizer
itself does not cause any specific side effects, side effects from the medicines given through the nebulizer are often magnified due to the dose increase.
I would advice:
1. Avoid exposure to cold (cold make ciliary activity sluggish and hence the organisms tracking
down the airways cannot be swept out, making a progression to lower respiratory infection)
2. Keep your child warm (Wrapping with cotton cloth )
3. Stem inhalation with precaution.(Plain water do not add any decongestant like vicks
4. Try to increase his immune system with proper and regular diet.
5. Maintain hygiene.
6. Don’t use more medicine
7. There are some baby chest rubs that can be used to help relieve nasal congestion
8. If she is not recover within 5 to 6 days you can consult again to your doctor.
9.. If necessary you can start antibiotic under pediatric supervision.
10. You can use Palin saline nasal drop, Decongestant nasal drops induces rebound congestion and condition may worsen.
Thanks for using Health Care Magic
I wish your baby recover soon.
Regards , Dr. Sagar Mhatre