In this period most of child frequently suffer from cold
, sore throat
etc,(Upper Respiratory Tract
Most of times this is viral/ allergic and its self limiting.
Because of low immunity and low diseases resistant power child suffering from this.
I would advice:
1. Avoid exposure to cold (cold make ciliary activity sluggish and hence the organisms tracking
down the airways cannot be swept out, making a progression to lower respiratory infection)
2. Keep your child warm (Wrapping with cotton cloth )
3. Stem inhalation with precaution.(Plain water do not add any decongestant like vicks
4. Try to increase his immune system with proper and regular diet.
5. Maintain hygiene.
6. Don’t use more medicine
7. There are some baby chest rubs that can be used to help relieve nasal congestion
8. You can use Palin saline nasal drop,Decongestant nasal drops indues rebound congestion and
condition may worsen.
10. If necessary you can start antibiotic under pediatric supervision.
I wish your baby recover soon.
Regards , Dr. Sagar Mhatre