Small child received stitches on right eyebrow, not washed them yet. When can vitamin-e be applied?

hello my 4 year old got 6 stitches in his right eyebrow on sunday, i have not washed his eyebrow yet, when can i wash it? and when can i let him sit in the shower and let the water run down his face? when should i apply vitamin e to his stitches? when they start to heal? how will i know they are healed? they are still red, thank you
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013

Thank you for your query.

Healing is a continuous process. It depends on the type of stitches that have been used. If dissolvable ones have been used then nothing needs to be done. If conventional ones have been used then they are usually removed after 5 day on head and neck.

You can allow the face to be washed. However ensure that the wound/stitch is mopped dry immediately after being washed.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal