Small child, productive cough, diarrhea with mucus. On steroids for pneumonia. Treatment?

Our son had pneumonia last week and was put on antibiotic, steroid & breathing treatments. He is still having productive coughing fits however doesn t know how to spit it out yet at 2.5 yrs old. The last 2 days he has have mucousy diarrhea , at time very watery. Is this normal for having soo much congestion & possibly due to antibiotics as well? Thanks! I was referring the congestion to maybe the reason he s having mucousy diarrhea as the way he is expelling it?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013