Small child, persistent cough, nasal discharge, fever, post nasal drip. Taking benedryl, mucinex. Cure?

My 3 year old has been taking Cefdinir for 4 days due to a persistent cough . Last week he presented with runny nose , fever....same RSV picture that my 1 year old had. My pedi put him on antibiotics due to the persistent cough. His cough is not any better, if not worse and he is still spiking temps anywhere between 101.5 and 104. Today when I was giving him his medicine he complained his mouth hurt. I looked in his mouth, he does not have any sores. What could that be, besides a child who doesn t want to take anymore medicine. Oh, I finally broke down and gave him some Benedryl and Mucinex, I think his coughing is from post nasal drip . Any thoughts?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012