Small child, pain in left side of testicles, not fully descended. Hernia surgery done. Cure?

My 10 year old had a hernia surgery about 2 and a half years ago. Tonight he said he had pain in the left side of his testicular area, however, it seems to me that they have never descended properly. When I have asked his pedi to check through the years, she said he was normal and she did feel them, but they don t appear fully descended to me. The area was very painful to the touch tonight, as when he told me he had pain, I tested the area for pain.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012