Small child, nephrotic syndrome. Taking corticosteroids, relapse after stopping. Injections to be given?

Hello Doc, my daughter is 5 years now. She was diagnosed with Nephrotic syndrome at 1 year and 9 months. She was under medication of corticosteriods for 6 months. Thereafter she had a relapse after 4 months of discontinuing the medication. She was again put on medication for 9 months and its been almost 2 years and there s no relapse. However, her doc says that he needs to give her an injection of Neo ______ Something. Do you really think that its necessary? Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012