Small child, nasal discharge, loose stools with fishy odor. Causes for symptoms?

My son is 21 months old. He has had runny, loose stools for several months now. I have taken him to his regular doctor several times and he doesn t seem to notice any physical symptoms or diagnosis. In the past two days, his stool has turned to an off white or tan color, very runny, with almost a fishy odor. I am concerned and have contacted his doctor so that I might take a stool sample in to him that I have collected. If, again, I am turned away, is there any suggestions or possibilities that I may look into?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012