Small child, itchy rashes on hands and feet, bumps on skin. Prescribed hydrocortizone cream. Cure?

My 2 year old daughter has a very itchy rash on her hands and feet . It is red and blotchy with white in the centers of the slightly raised bumps. I took her to the doctor who said hand foot mouth (same as my initial suspicion) and gave her 2.5% hydrocortisone cream. She has had the for over a week now and been using the cream for 5days. The rash seems to be getting worse especially on her feet but is not spreading elsewhere. The itch is the worst at night waking her up. What could this be?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013