Small child, hoarse voice, allergies, coughing, sneezing. Treatment options?

Hello, my 9 month old son has started with a very hoarse voice (progressively has gotten worse, started on Sat late evening). He has food allergies and coughs and sneezes anyway so I have not noticed anything different and he seems happy in himself but his voice sounds awful poor thing. He sounds like I do when I'm about to get tonsillitis . Latest is that he developed some white spots on his tongue and is not sleeping very well at all. He has been prescribed antibiotic drops for thrush of the throat but I don't know what has caused this. The spots have gone but he is still not sleeping :(
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012