Small child, head injury, soft spot in hairline, haematoma, swelling. Treatment?

my three year old fell 6 steps down and hit his head two weeks ago, a week ago I noticed what felt like a soft spot on the front left of his head in his hairline - I immediately took him to the accident and emergency dept. They said it was a haematoma (?) and that it was fine. He is acting normally, all motor skills and talking as per normal but the area of the swelling has grown over the past 7 days is this normal?
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012
Hematoma is seepage of blood from bllod vessel. Since your child has no symptoms and i assume no pain over the sweling unless given pressure, increase in size gradually is quite normal and it is a self resolving condition. So nothing to worry about. Long standing hematoma with external injury may cause infection which should be treated with antibiotics so have watch for fever.