Small child, head injury, red line on head, cried for few minutes. Cause of concern?

My 8 month old is sitting up on her own and she s scooting backwards while sitting she scooted back into a chair and just as I was reaching to pick her up she fell back and hit the back of her head on the corner part of the chair leg. It left a red line on her head she cried for a few seconds and is acting her normal self should I be worried about this injury
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
usually nothing to be concerned about, but you havent mentioned wether she vomited ? or had loss of consiousness? you can take her to a neurosurgery doctor and he will examine the child closely and may ask for ct scan so that we can be sure about nothing is wrong.
Pediatrician Dr. H. Santosh's  Response
your concern is so true...
head injury is a serious problem...
but if your child cries and responds to you without being unconcious then there should not be much issue...
anyways get a opinion from neurologist...
not to worry much...
Thank you...