Small child, head injury, lump on forehead, drooping eyes. Medical attention required?

My one year old son fell this morning and hit his head on the bed frame. He only cried for less than a minute and then was fine once I distracted him with toys. One hour later, he is now walking around fine, playing happily, but he has a goose egg on his forehead and the eye just under the goose egg is a bit droopy. We checked his eyes, they dilated the same with light/dark. He has arm and leg strength. Will this go away? Should I see a doctor or be concerned?
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013
your child is having hematoma formation over injury site,i suggest you to apply cold compresses over the affected area,give paracetamol.and watch for any warning signs like any abnormal behavior,vomiting.any bleeding from ear or case you find any of them take him to pediatrician.
Your child will be fine.
God bless
Ophthalmologist Dr. Vidhya's  Response
Hi welcome to HCM.
Your son must be having post traumatic edema spreading from forehead to the upper lid area. Although the pupils are reacting normally, at his age, he won't be able to express any discomfort in his eye.

Give him cold compresses and a dose of anti inflammatory syrup for a day, look for any redness or progress of the swelling, consult with your ophthalmologist to rule out traumatic inflammation of inner layers of the eye.

Hope it is just an upper lid edema. Take care.