Small child, head injury, did not black out, normal dilation of pupils. Medical attention needed?

My husband was taking a pipe out of the ceiling and my 4 yr old son walked under him and got hit on the top back part of the head. He didn t black out, I checked his focusing reflexes an they were fine, and his eyes are dilating fine. Should I still bring him to the hospital or should I just keep a really close eye on him?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
I appreciate your observation.
I advise you to give paracetamol if child is complaining of pain,apply cold compresses over affected area.and observe for warning signs at least for 24 hours which are.
altered sensorium.vomiting.any bleeding from ear or nose.any abnormal movement
in case you report any of these features take him to doctor,
Wishing your son good health.
God bless
Pediatrician Dr. E Venkata Ramana's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,
Observe the child activity, for vomitings, any alteration in sensorium, decreased movements of limbs or seizures.
If you find any abnormal symptoms then consult your Pediatrician or Emergency department.