Small child, head injury, bruise on temple, swollen eyes. Cause of worry?

My 3 year old son was supposedly spinning in a chair, fell and hit theside of his head on concrete. The office chair is said to be about 3 off of the ground. He has a bruise on his temple and his eye swelled up and bruised really bad above his eyelid but below his eye brow. This was about 5 hrs ago.When i talked to him on the phone he sounded normal and his dad says that his coordination is fine. I am just concerned with it being a head injury from a fall on the temple and why would it cause his eye to swell.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013