Small child, having red marks on face, fluctuating fever, spreading condition. Causes?

My 22 month old daughter got what I thought was a bug bite about a week ago. It has continued to get larger and somewhat more red. I don t see any bite mark that may indicate a bite and it doesn t appear to itch . For the past two days she has also been sick. Her fever finally broke but it was up to 104 and no less than 101 for 24 hours or so. This morning she was unconsolable with her crying and still looks ill. The mark on her face is about the size of a dime but is not perfectly round as the edges seem to be spreading out - especially after so much crying this morning.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012