Small child, having drainage from ear, white wax, green discharge with foul smell. Treatment?

My 1 year old has had drainage from her ear off and on for several weeks. She has been seen 3 times for it. They keep telling me that it s just wax, or that it s nothing. Today white material came out, it was almost like a kleenex material, which I know it wasn t because I never put anything into her ear. There is also green/yellow discharge and it smells. I wipe the outside, and it doesn t seem to hurt her, but she rubs it alot.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012
Pediatrician, Cardiology 's  Response
Thanks for the query
Since problem is recurrent and secretion is of different color and foul smelling, consult an E.N.T. specialist so that he will examine and rule out any infection. Even wax may present like this but better be on safe side.
I hope this answers your query well
With regards