Small child, having cyst on penis shaft, hard bump. Family history of throat cysts. Surgical removal?

Hello, My grandson age 5, has just been diagnosed with a cyst on the right side shaft on this penis . The peditricians have assured my daughter not to worry. However, as a Grandmother, I am concerned. It looks like a hard blackhead bump. As a small child age 3, I had a cyst in my throat that had to be removed. Could this be the same condition? I heard by case was fairly rare, and occurred more in men. Thank you, Grandma
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012