Small child having abdominal pain, white foam around stools. Urine analysis normal. Causes?

daughter has complained of abdominal pain daily for 3 weeks, just noticed white fuzz around edges of stool . I took her pediatrician during first week of pain, urine analysis came back normal. Doctor told me she is just saying her belly hurts because (a) she wants children s pep to bismol because it tastes good or (b) any number of benign reasons-children frequently complain of non specific belly pain when other issues are the cause?
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012