Small child, hard knots under scalp, covering the entire scalp. Serious symptoms?

My six year old grandson has knots that are hard under his scalp . There are at least ten of them. They are covering his entire skull . He had a couple before and I thought it would go away. I felt them again tonight and now there are many more. I will schedule with his doctor this morning. Is this something to be seriously worried about?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
Homeopath 's  Response
Yes u must c the doctor immidiately n must not delay. Whether the noxz are painful or does he has any other complaint like cough,fever,weightloss etc if so must follow the doctor and do all the test advised by the gp after his checkup without delay.