Small child, fluid filled bump on tongue, soreness, looks red and sometimes white. Treatment?

My 5 month old daughter has a pea sized fluid filled bump on the top of her tongue that sometimes looks red and fluid filled and other times looks like it has reabsorbed and is flatter and a white color. It started out as a tiny white head looking bump and has been there since she was about two months old. Now it seems to be filling up and really sore looking about every other day. What do you think it could be.
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and thank you for posting your query
A fluid filled bump, as you mentioned could be a cyst.
I would like to know if it is painful or not?
However, you will have to visit a specialist who can examine it and decide what next should be done.

Thanks and take care