Small child, fever at night, cough, running nose. Taking crocin. Cure for fever?

My infant son age 9 months has been having intermittent fever since 20th Nov 12. He is all fine in the day but his temperature starts to rise in the night/ early morning and gets to the range of 101 -102 Deg F and comes down once he is given crocin . He also has cough and running nose since 23rd. Had visited pediatrician on 22nd and he advised to give crocin whenever fever was there. But now the fever has been for 4 days, kindly advise.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012