Small child, ear infections, dry cough, frequent coughing bouts. Causes and treatment?

I took my 8 month old daughter to prompt care today, and they diagnosed her with ear infections. I told them that she also had a raspy dry cough . She of course didn t cough while the doctor was in the room, and now her cough seems to be getting more frequent.. I have never heard her cough like this, and my 2 year old son has asthma and always has colds and coughs and the sound of her cough is just so different that any that i have heard.. It makes me worried!
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013