Small child, drank toilet water, water has bleach tablets. Precautions?

Hi my 18 month son may have drank water from the toilet. We have one of the bleach tablets in there, but we truly are unsure if he even drank any. He came to us with a cup full of water from the toilet. I tried smelling his breath and didn t smell anything. He is acting fine and if anything he had a small sip. Is there any thinkg I should do?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012
Hi. Thanks for the query.
As you are unsure if the child has consumed the water with bleach, it is advisable to take the child to the hospital for evaluation and observation. The bleaching substances are corrosives and can eat through the mucosa of the mouth , throat, etc,and it is unwise to rush to hospital at a late stage. After a couple of hours of observation, if they feel he is ok, you can go home reassured.
As your child is ok, he probably hasnt ingested it, but , still,please take your baby to the hospital just for observation as advised.