Small child, cough, cold, severe ear pain, neck pain. Treatment for symptoms?

I went to the pediatrician yesterday for my 4 year old child who has been having cold and cough . Nothing was prescribed for her due to no need of antibiotics . He checked thoroughly. Today or last night at 3 am , my child has been crying and complaining of severe ear pain; Left ear more than right. Why so much pain now and no signs of this yesterday? Along with that she says that her Left side of her neck hurts. ( she said her brain hurts, but she pointed to her neck)
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013