Hi Ms. Jenlea,
Thanks for posting your query on healthcaremagic.com and giving us this opportunity to clarify your doubt.
Well, if your son, 6months old, has congenital ptosis
and if you suspect that there is some inequality in both the halves of the face, there can be many such genetic conditions which are linked to such abnormalities. I would definitely recommend you to see a specialist at least once and get your doubts clarified. Though there are many questions which will follow, like :
1) Is there any family history of genetic conditions?
2) What is your and your husbands age?
3) Is this your first child, if not how are your previous baby / babies?
4) Any history of exposure to specific drugs or chemicals or radiations during your pregnancy?
5) What is his weight and is he developmentally appropriate for his age?
All these questions, may help us clarify your doubt better, but in any case i think you should see a specialist to do justice with your doubts. I hope i have helped you solve your confusion and also helped you come to a decision. I will always be available for any further queries of yours. Take care and stay healthy.