Small child, chest congestion, coughing, vomiting. Taking bricanyle syrup. Asthmatic attack?

Hi I am from XXXXX. My daughter is 3 yrs, 10 month old and suffering from chest congestion / coughing from last 2 days. Doctor gave Bricanyle syp and tab Montel. Yesterday I take her to park to play at around 2:00 pm and she starts coughing. We came back around 3:30 and till 5:30 continues 3 hrs she was coughing and even vomited. We take her to emergency and they gave her nebulizer . I don’t understand Is it an asthmatic attack. I am realy very worried. Please help.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013