Small child, abdominal pain, vomiting, loose watery stools. Prescribed normet, sporlac sachet. Cure for symptoms?

Dear Dr. My 8 yrs old son develops the symptoms of pain abdomen yesterday afternoon and later he has vomitted once and started loose motion just like water. I am giving ORS to him and today morning shows to one of our nearby Dr. not a perdiatrics He has prescribed Normet syp 5 ml Twice in a day and Sporlac Sachet three times a day. I have given one dose of both medicines. Just now he had fever 101 deg Fahrenheit . No vomit since night Plz advice.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013