Small bumps on the penile shaft immediately after unprotected sex, no pain or oozing. Could it be herpes or anything else?

Hello, I had unprotected sex about 4 weeks ago. Almost immediately after I noticed a few small red bumps on the shaft of my penis close to the tip. There has been no itching or pain associated with them. No oozing of any sort. They re just little small red bumps that have stayed around for about 4 weeks now. I was just wondering if this could be herpes or anything else? There are probably about 6 or 7 small bumps total. I have also changed the way I masturbate. I used to use a sock but now I started using moisturizing cream with my bare hand . I stopped masturbating a few days ago and the bumps seem to be going away. I would very much appreciate if you could shed some light on this situation and help me out. I m a little paranoid I might have something.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012