Small bumps and bruises where earlobes attach to head, suffers from cystic acne problem. Any ideas ?

My son woke up and has two small bumps and bruises where his earlobes attach to his head. He is 14 and does tend to suffer from cystic acne on his forehead when he wears his hockey helmet. So I am thinking this could have something to do with the fact that he has worn his beats earphones a lot and that s exactly where they touch his skin -- i checked. But the cysts don t generally show up as bruises. He has suffered no other injuries and his hearing is fine. Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012