Small bump under skin near shin bone, dull pain in area, no swelling or redness. Causes?

I have a small bump deep under the skin in my left leg, near the shin bone. Yesterday I had a dull ache in the area, today and the days leading up are fine. You can feel it if you press the area but other than that, you can t see it nor would you have any indication it was there (no swelling , redness, bruising, etc.). I didn t even notice it except for the minor pain that accompanied it yesterday, which led me to press the area to figure out what was going on. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013