Small bump on vagina, yellow discharge, blood, clear fluid. Pimple or some other condition?

I have a medium size bump on the lower lip on my vagian for about 2 days tonight I pop it and at first a yellow blood like puss came out it had no smell then a little blood and then clear fuild about a hour later I was able to pop I guess again and blood just came out. It s not a open sore just pimple like bump. Could this be a pimple or something worse?
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012
Hello there.

Thanks for writing.

The bump you have could be a bartholin's cyst.

This occurs due to blockage of the duct of bartholin's gland (skin gland in vaginal lip) which results in cyst formation.

It is usually small initially but gradually increases in size with clear watery fluid. At time fluid gets infected and becomes thick yellowish color.
It is painless but when very large you can have pain with redness.

The treatment of the condition is antibiotics with drainage of the cyst ( marsupilization is the minor surgical procedure done for its removal).

Kindly consult a gynecologist for confirmation of the diagnosis and appropriate treatment.

DO NOT rupture, squeeze or puncture the cyst on your own. This can lead to infection and worsen the condition. Also it would reappear even if you puncture.

I hope I have answered you.

take care.