Small bump on the inside of labia, seem like ingrown hair / pimple, painful. Any suggestions ?

I had a small (tiny pea size) bump on the inside of my labia . I ve had them before and they seem like an ingrown hair or pimple and go away. I ve had a tiny one for quite a while and I thought maybe I could take care of it myself by a warm compress and squeezing it. In a day or two it has become quite large (the size of a nickel) and is very painful. Any suggestions? I think it may be a boil , but there is no white head or anything, just a red lump.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query.Your problem is most likely bartholinitis.Hot compress will relieve pain.Antibiotics will be needed to take.If an abscess is present then a small incision and drainage is advised.It is also advised to give a good genital hygiene and use intimate wash to normalize vaginal bacterial flora which will prevent you from getting a further episode of getting this.Hope this may help you.Let me know if you have any further query.