Small bump near penis, red lesion near scrotum. In-growth? Folliculitis? Yeast infection?

So, about a month ago I had noticed a small bump (possible ingrown hair ) under my skin, on the left-side base of my penis . I couldn t help but to try popping the bump and removing the hair, after which, i ignored whatever was happening down there... A few days later I went for a 4.5 hour hike, when i returned home and was about to shower i noticed what looked like pinky-fleshy Small bumps with little white heads (flesh coloured when dry, pinky-red after shower). Being stupid, I decided to shave the area to let air get at it (dumbest thing i ve ever done), after shaving the infection went from about 3 lesions to about 10. As I did research I decided it was most likely Folliculitis , and started doing a warm compress followed by polysporin twice daily. Just two days ago i went to see my family doctor, he took a look at the lesions and agreed it COULD BE an infection of the hair follicles. The doctor prescribed me Fucidin, twice daily. He also took swabs from the lesions to test for S.t.i. s. (waiting for results). I have been applying Fucidin after a warm compress, twice daily and my problem seems to be getting worse, the lesions are becoming more red, and they are not going away. I was wondering if there is anything else i could do, or if this infection could be something else? i also have one bigger red lesion on my scrotum (3.5 mm) I am very scared i could have a more serious sexually transmitted infection, I have had a lot of sex in the last year (protected), and had unprotected sex with my girlfriend, not knowing she had a yeast infection at the time. things i have around the house, that might work but i am scared of making it worse; Hand sanitizer, Warm water, Baby-Powder, Moisturizer , Clindoxyl Gel, Fucidin Cream, Benodryl. Please help. Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012