Small bump in ear, bleeding on popping it, might be a tick. Medical attention needed?

Ive had a small bump in my ear for over a week. I thought it was a pimple , but is very sore and always gives a dot of blood when I try to poke at it with a q-tip. Now I think it might have been a tick and maybe the head is still in. I can t reach it with tweesers. Is there any cream or something that would release this? Do I need to go to a doctor? I don t think they will be able to get at it either. It s in the fold in the top of my ear.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Tick head in the ear can be removed by putting local anaesthetic (Xylocain) drops which will loosen it from the skin and then it can be removed. But integrity of ear drum should be confirmed before that. For that you need to see an ENT who can do an otoscopic examination. An ENT will be able to remove it where ever it is in the ear.