Small bump behind neck, dizziness, euphoria on rubbing it, sharp pain in tongue. Cure?

I have a small bump on back of neck, either muscle or spine , not sure, when I rub it it gives me a weird sensation across back of head and neck , makes me kind of dizzy or euphoric, and feeling lasts for extended time. I sometimes wake up with soreness at site and across back of head. I also have been experiencing sharp pains in tongue while I sleep and sometimes bite tongue in sleep.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.

Your symptoms require detailed evaluation by a neurologist or a neurosurgeon.

If possible, please send a picture of the bump over the back of neck. It may help in the absence of being able to examine you.

Sometimes, an ultrasound or MRI scan of the bump can give us more clues regarding its nature.

Blood tests such as vitamin B12 level and thyroid profile should also be tested.

I hope it helps.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My blog: