Small bump at vaginal opening, stings when touched directly. Looks like herpes. Suggestions?

A few days ago I noticed I had a small bump at my vaginal opening that did not hurt but I knew shouldn't be there. I immediately went to my school's health center to get it checked out. The doctor said it looked like herpes however after doing my own research I am not having any of the normal symptoms of a herpes infection. It does not sting unless directly touched and I have never felt itchy or tingly. I also did not have any flu like symptoms or body/muscle aches. I am currently waiting for test results but is there any way this might be something other than herpes/
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013