Small bump appeared on back of head, hard and painful to touch. Took tylenol. What this could be?

I woke up to a pain from a small bump on the back of my head that appeared overnight. It is hard and painful all the time. It is about 3 inches to the right of my left ear and hard to tell that I have a bump because of similar bony structure on the right side of my head. I saw an NP who said to apply a cold pack and take Tylenol . If pain did not get better in a day, she asked me to take antibiotics . If it didn t go away within 3 days she asked me to go back to her and see an internist. It is painful and has been 2 days since it appeared. I will see her again tomorrow. Any ideas on what this could be?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012