Small brown spots on the inner lips of vagina. Could this be STD ?

I was just shaving when I realized that there was small brown spots on the inner lips of my vagina . The spots are all different shapes and sizes. The spots don t itch or burn or feel any different than the other skin around my vagina and they re not raised up or anything they re completely flat and even with the rest of the skin around the spots. I m only 16 and I ve never had sex neither have I been touched down there or anything else like that so I don t see how it is possible that I may have an std . I m not really sure how long the spots have been there because I just now noticed them and only because I was shaving, but I know they haven t been there forever. I have been researching this for a couple hours because I am nervous of what the spots could be I ve seen some other websites that say it could be some type of cancer but I am not for sure. I ve never even been to the gynecologist so no body else has ever seen these spots except for me so I m not for sure on any possibility of what they are. Please help me I m scared I may have a serious issue.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
Hello ma'am.

These spots could be easily diagnosed with the help of a physical examination, which is the first and foremost thing I would recommend.

Sexually transmitted infections are not only passed on trhough sexual contact, they can be passed from parents to children, exposure to an infected persons blood and entrance through a wound, same blade, needles, etc.

But then again, this is just for your information. Get to your doctor either way and get this looked up. Although cancer is highly unlikely, it cannot be ruled out yet. This could also just be pigmentation.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.