Small brown spots on the back. Had digestion issues post intake of Cipro. What could the spots be?

Dear Good Doctors, Small brown spots appeared what seems like over night according to my wife who look back there more than myself.. Flat with defined borders. Look like the small moles on my upper back but they are grouped in an area across T 10-L1 area. I have not been in the sun in the past 3 months. I am 42 tomorrow and I haven t had to go to the doctor in 20 years except for an undiagnosed infection in 2005 which was treated with Cipro at a solantic. I eat perfect and exercise daily, I am a health and fitness coach. The only system that has ever given me problems is my digestive system. Specifically, I stopped eating gluten , dairy and insoluble fiber (roughage type). I am making my New Years resolution to see a GI doctor about this, and get the darn colonoscopy just to rule out if its just allergies or something else. I had a bad reaction to the Cipro and had digestion issues ( bloating , gas, and hemorrhoid type swelling from straining). Anyways probably not related to brown spots, but I was trying to be thorough just in case. In have insurance but don t know if I can just walk in to a dermatologist or go to a GP first. Like I said, I have been very fortunate and haven t had to use medicine or hospitals. In addition, I just got whatever blood exam they give you for life insurance about 4 months ago and they gave me an excellence bill of health. Thanks for your time.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012