Small bright pink chunk of skin in the vagina, irritating and uncomfotable. Smear is normal. What can it be?

hi I m rather worried to have noticed a small bright pink triangle chunk of skin inside the entrance to my vagina , it s attached to the wall and is slightly hanging out like a small pointy Tongue . it dosnt hurt but is slightly irratated and uncomfortable, it does seem to have a lump on it. I m 33 and very concerned.had a smear last year all fine and hoping if it was anything nasty the nurse would have noticed it .
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query.Your problem is most likely vaginal polyp.It is usually harmless.Treatment will be required if it is bleeding or causing discomfort.In such cases an excision of those and histology can be done.Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further query.