Small amounts of bloody mucous accompanying bowel movements. Does this point towards internal hemorrhoids?

hello and thanks for your time. I have had small amounts of bloody mucous accompanying my bowel movements. The amount is small, frequent but not constant, and has been going on for a few years now. No other signs or symptoms, no pain, no weight loss, no stomach or GI pain, etc. I am a travel nurse who spends 3 hours driving to my assignments then spend 12 hours on my feet. Does this point more towards s/s of internal hemmorhoids or something worse. I have a dr. appt this Friday to finally have this checked. What are your thoughts?

Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013