Slowdown point of menstrual cycle, getting cramps, pains in legs. Suggestion?

Today, I'm in my (4th day) slowdown point of menstrual cycle where I don't have to take my 800mg due to cramps. I have been on my couch studying by computer since 2pm today. I ate left over spaghetti at 4:30pm and just had a jelly filled donut my husband brought home from work. In the last 15minutes, the cramps have returned, but most concerning is the shooting pain in my right front upper leg. It pauses as the cramps pause? I generally DO NOT experience pain anywhere in my legs when on my cycle. Any suggestions? maybe gas from the foods mixed?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
As you stated that you were studying over a couch for 2-3 hours .
Due to continue sitting the muscle cramps over front of thigh developed pain .
As ( spasm ) cramps relieved pain subsides , this is a natural process.
It was mere coincidence that pain occurs with period.
So in my opinion need not to worry.
If pain reoccurs again then it is a cause of concern.
If reoccurs during menses then consult a gynecologist and get his opinion.
Good luck. Dr.HET