Sliver like bump, very itchy and getting bigger. What could it be?

Hi, I m 15 years old, female, from northern new york. About a weak ago, it felt like I had a small sliver (about a centimeter long) in my inner right ankle, though I could not see it. Then a few days later, I got what appeared to be a bug bite . My whole ankle itched like crazy. I didn t really pay attention to it, I just scratched it when it itched. Well today, I was just rubbing it and noticed it was bigger, it was not popping out of my leg or anything like that, just maybe raised out a millimeter. It also went from, what appeared to be a sliver, to an oval about the size of a nickel-quarter. There is still the sliver-like bump in the middle (though it isn t as big) and there are bumps along the edge. It also is slightly slightly pink-red, not much redder then my pale skin tone though. There are also two more sliver like bumps starting on my inner right calf/shin and one on my head below my crown on the right. My father thinks its a spider bite . My one year old niece also has the same thing, one on her neck and one on her back. Those are slightly bigger though, about the size of a half dollar coin.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012