Slit in eye with blood, light, wispy, pieces dart across vision. Will these go away ?

I’m 21 years old and 8 months ago I got grazed in my right eye by a clump of dirt someone threw. When I went to the doctor the morning after the incident he looked into my eye with a slit lamp and said there was blood there, but that it was too dense for him to see my retina and to come back a week later to give the blood time to disperse a little. When I went back everything was fine. The blood remained, but has gotten lighter and more mobile (I guess) over the past 8 months, although I still notice light, wispy, pieces dart across my vision when looking up at a clear blue sky. I guess what I am asking is that these remnants of blood that I still see in my eye…are they ever going to fully dissolve without surgical intervention? I read somewhere that blood takes longer to dissolve in ‘younger’ eyes with a fully formed vitreous (I’m only 21). Is it normal for pieces of blood from a traumatic vitreous hemorrhage to still be present in the eye after so many months in cases like mine? Should I expect to live with this for life, or will it eventually dissolve? I wasn’t given much information on Vitreous Hemorrhages except for what I’ve read on the internet.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012